MONET'S GARDEN BIKE TOUR
An excellent excursion outside of Paris is to Claude Monet's breathtaking gardens in Normandy. His unique house, the quaint villages of Vernon & Giverny and our fabulous bicycle ride along the Seine are a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of Paris. Allow us to make the out-of-town trip an easy and enjoyable one for you.
We'll go by rail through the beautiful wheat & sunflower fields of Normandy to the village of Vernon. There we'll collect our bikes, head to the market for picnic supplies and then to lunch along the river in a beautiful park. Finally, we'll pedal down our private path to Monets' gardens where we'll spend the afternoon inside the most gorgeous landscape in Normandy.
- Monet's Gardens - Imagine stepping into the canvas of your favorite Monet painting. Beautiful flowers, the Japanese Bridge and the famous water lilies await you.
- Monet's House - Monet and his family moved here in May 1883 and he lived here until his death in 1926. Visitors may explore the interior of his house and also see his collection of Japanese art.
- Monet's Gravesite - Monet died on December 5th, 1926 at the age of 86 and is buried along with his family at the small Giverny church. Monet desired a simple burial and roughly only 50 people attended his service.
- Picnic along the Seine - A beautiful park along the Seine with the vieux moulin just off the bank. Relax in the grass or take a seat at a picnic table while you enjoy your meal.
- Roundtrip transportation from Paris to Giverny
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Fully guided tour
- Ticket into Monet's Gardens
- Ticket into Monet's House
- Ability to explore the gardens on your own