Upon arrival in the town of Versailles, we will ride to the famous city market to shop for our picnic supplies (cost not included). Then, we'll cruise through the Chateau's enormous grounds along a network of fantastic trails and tree lined paths to visit Marie Antoinette's Hamlet and both the Petit & Grand Trianons. Next, it's on to our picnic at the end of the Grand Canal where we'll settle down for a royal feast.
After lunch, we'll continue through the grounds and enter the chambers of the Chateau itself. Our bike tour offers you skip-the-line access to the Chateau. See the room where Marie Antionette's guards were killed as they protected her from the mob at the beginning of the Revolution. Walk through the breathtaking Hall of Mirrors where King Louis greeted guests, and centuries later the Treaty of Versailles was signed to end World War I.
Versailles Open Market
Formal Chateau Gardens
Hall of Mirrors
|Approximately 8.5 hours|
|Approximately 10.1 miles/16.25 kilometers|
|Mar 1- Mar 31||Tu, Th, Sa, Su||9am|
|Apr 1 - Oct 31||Tu-Su||9am|
|Nov 1 - Nov 30||Tu, Th, Sa, Su||9am|
No Versailles Bike Tours on May 1.
|Adult / Student||€90|
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Roundtrip transportation from Paris to Versailles
- Guided Tour of Royal Grounds
- Access to Chateau
- Access to Royal Gardens
- Audio Guide inside Chateau
- Ability to explore the Chateau and Gardens on your own
Your tour meets at our office located at 24, rue Edgar Faure, 75015 Paris. The closest Métro station is Dupleix (line 6).
This is the text for the Frequently Asked Questions that applies to this specific tour.
Question: Where is the meeting point?
We meet at our office (24, rue Edgar Faure, Paris 75015). You will find directions to this location on your confirmation email.
question: I'm staying in Versailles, can I meet the tour here?
Question: Is lunch included in the tour price?
Question: Does the tour include transportation to Versailles?
Question: Do we have to take the bikes on the train?
QUESTION: IS THIS TOUR APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN, AND IF SO, WHAT ARE YOUR BIKE OPTIONS?
- For children up to 12 years old or 45kg (100lbs) without good bike handling skills we offer 2-wheeled tandems that allow the passenger to pedal or coast, without having to maintain a high level of balance. All riders over 45kg (100lbs) must ride their own bicycle. We have various sized city bikes to accommodate just about every size of rider, from extra small 20” wheeled bikes for riders that are 3.3ft (100cm) to extra large for riders up to 6.5ft (198cm). Unfortunately, we do not have adult tricycles, adult tandems, or bikes with training wheels for adults or children that have balancing issues, or that may be less confident in their riding ability.
- Trailers and Tandems are the same price as bikes, where as baby-seats are free. Due to limited availability please book baby seats, trailers, tandems, 20” and 24” wheeled bikes in advance.
- Please Note: All extra-small 20 inch and small 24inch bikes are equipped with both hand brakes and pedal brakes.
- Our city tours are very casual, with only slight elevation gains, on varying surfaces from smooth gravel to pavement. It is necessary however that any person planning on taking our bike tours to have at least some experience riding, and should be comfortable riding in a group.
Question: Is a helmet included?
Question: Is this tour offered in any other languages or only in English?
Question: WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
question: are the tours cancelled if it rains?
Question: how long is the ride?